Tuesday, November 10, 2009

God is that you????

Do you ever have those moments where you feel like God is slowing you down? And not in a bad way but probably for your own good. These past few mornings I've sat drinking coffee, contemplating my life and feeling the shift. How God has stopped me from making some impulsive decisions that I may not necessarily have regretted but in hindsight may not have been the best ones to make.

Sometimes I feel like my life is going at warp speed and runs so fast that all my thoughts, actions and words are chewed up and spit out so quickly that I don't fully have time to comprehend their impact on myself and those around me. Only later do I reflect back and feel that twinge of regret, remorse or guilt. Thinking I should have done or said that differently.

Over the past two weeks I've had several of life's doors close and only now do I have the time to mull over and think about those situations with a still mind, several good nights of sleep and a few good meals in my stomach.

Its ironic that at this time when I'm feeling particularly selfish and self centered, you know because its all about me, that God entrusts me with more service positions and sponsees as a way to give back and get out of myself. It seems to be the only way I know of to restore some sort of semblance and balance to my life, to be accountable, to lead by example, to slow down.

I'm grateful that God always steps in at just the right time with a big dose of humility and reality - lord knows I can use it right now.

3 comments: