Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Live Music, Concerts and More

Its been awhile since I last posted. In fact, its been a whole month...my bad. But I've been out having fun, living life and working my butt off ;)

I recently went to the Metallica concert when they were here in San Antonio and they absolutely kicked ass!


I have been a Metallica fan since I was 15 and I first heard their black album. They hooked me in with the song Enter Sandman and I immediately went out and bought all their other CD's and a few tapes. Yes I'm that old that I owned tapes. CD's were still new technology back then.

I remember I was supposed to go to the big joint Metallica/Gun & Roses concert that year but I got grounded and didn't get to go. I was heart broken. But I finally got to see my favorite band in 2005 on their St. Anger tour when they came to Tucson, AZ. I was so pumped. They played all my favorite songs.

I was a reporter at the local Fox station in town and we did a story on big name bands playing smaller cities and venues. I was able to meet and interview Lars. I even took a picture with him ;) It was one of my favorite moments in television news.

This time I almost didn't get to go to the concert. But Johnny "Fingers" Compian of 1250 The Zone hooked me up with an extra ticket he had - You Rock Johnny!!

Our seats were incredible! Metallica, as always, was awesome. Master of Puppets - Intense! One - Perfect. Enter Sandman - Just as I remember. They brought down the house!

My other new passion has been for hearing local bands play at Gruene Hall. I received a new project at work - to put together live music newsletters for all the upcoming bands that will be playing in the New Braunfels area and its been amazing.

Over the past few months I have discovered some insanely good artists that I never would have discovered had I not been researching their bios and surfing their websites and myspace pages for information.

Two weekends ago I saw Stewart Mann and the Statesboro Revue and Bleu Edmondson play at Gruene Hall. Both were awesome and I bought their CDs. In fact I haven't been able to get their CD's out of my CD player.

Here is a video I took of Bleu performing his song Resurrection:



Bleu will be playing next in San Antonio at Jacks on 11/6. The Statesboro Revue will be playing on Wednesday the 14th of October at River Road Icehouse. You all should check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment