Sunday, March 21, 2010

100 Blog Challenge - #17 - Such a bad Lentin

So I gave up sweets for Lent and for the first week and a half I did good...but then I fell off the no sweets aka the no candy, no soda, no ice cream, no cake wagon. And I didn't just fall off the wagon. After falling off said wagon, it actually backed up ran me over, stopped, pulled forward and ran over me again.

It started with a soda at work one afternoon when I was on a caffeine low. I justified it because it was a diet Dr. Pepper and it technically wasn't sugar.

A few days later I raided the candy jars at work for a couple bite sized snickers. I just needed a little something sweet to spice up my afternoon after lunch. They were little itty bitty snickers...barely even tasted them. They couldn't possibly count as a lent violation right??

Then Sunday rolled around. Thank God for Sundays during lent. Those are the cheat days. I gorged myself on my boyfriends mothers homemade cake with cream cheese frosting - like three pieces worth. I was like a little kid in a candy store and practically licked the plate clean

The next morning I was on such sugar withdrawls that I couldn't take it. I was jonsing so bad for something sweet it was unreal. I started drinking uber amounts of coffee because I use flavored creamer and that was the only sugar I can legally have via my pact with God.

I did good all week - until Friday when I had a soda at work - damn the soda machine downstairs. I couldn't wait for Sunday and scarfed down an entire bag of white chocolate covered pretzels. Such a glutton. Will the madness ever end?

Then one Monday night last week I cracked like an ancient piece of pottery that had been sitting in sun for years...I had a blizzard from Dairy Queen. Not just any blizzard but a butterfinger/reeses blizzard. Oh sweet Jesus it was good, every last sinful bite.

Yes I am a royal failure at Lent *sigh* But I keep trying. I had some more chocolate covered pretzels this Sunday but so far today, Monday, I'm candy/cake/ice cream/soda free. Wish me luck for the rest of this week. Hopefully I can hold out till Sunday. This week is going to drag on by.

No comments:

Post a Comment