Wednesday, March 10, 2010

100 Blog Challenge - #15 - The little things

These days its all about appreciating the little things. Right now I'm sitting in my house with the windows open and basking in the breeze. Its that attitude of: Does it get any better than this?

Just this morning I sat on my couch, drinking my coffee and thanked God for this beautiful blessing that he has bestowed on me. In fact that's how I start most of my mornings - in gratitude for everything that I've been given, especially my house.

It's a feeling of inner peace and serenity and I carry it with me throughout my day. It's a nice change from the chaos that I used to live in.

As a creature of habit I used to thrive on drama and chaos, living in fear of what each day would bring but yet not able to break the vicious cycle of pain that was a constant in my life.

Today life is so different. I work for God. Meaning I give of myself and help others as I think He would have me. Its a completely different way of living life then I ever did before and its entirely more wonderful than I could have ever imagined. That being said He has provided for me in a way that is indescribably more fulfilling then I could have ever hoped for.

Its allowed me to be grateful for the little things and not take anything for granted. Today I know that I am blessed and even though I wonder "Does it get any better than this?" I know it will.

1 comment:

  1. Today, my dear friend, you made the choice to help me. For that, I am so unbelievably thankful. The ringing of my phone, with such a sweet person on the other end of the line, was appreciated more than you may ever know. I hope this year you see it 'get better' every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete