Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Bed - Doh!!

So it was go time...Joe and I busted out the paint and got to it, spreading a gorgeous, brown, expresso colored enamel on the headboard, footboard and rails. 


And we had to be careful not to get any runs or air bubbles in it. Because I am a perfectionist and don't you know it has to be immaculate! My mother would be proud.


So after two luscious coats, a good basking in the sun for extra measure the bed was coming home! I was so excited I could hardly sleep the night before! I even got up early, cleaned the wood floors to remove any traces of cat hair, dust and dirt and prepared my room for sleeping greatness. I was like a kid on Christmas morning.


And here it is all put together!!!! Doesn't it look beautiful...so perfect and EXACTLY what I wanted! Joe rocks.

Now comes the moment of truth...putting the box spring, mattresses and the bedding on my new queenly throne!

S**T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only is the frame too small for my queen sized bed...but its too large for my roommates full sized bed...hmmmm. But Joe tells me all is not lost...he can fix it. And I believe it because:

1) he has made square rails fit into round holes

2) he has made a once thought to be solid wood antique bed look like a damn good replica of a solid wood bed

So I am entrusting my newly painted, slightly irregularly sized bed frame back into the custody of one Joe Mayer for modification and rehabilitation. And hey, if it doesn't work out I'm still out less than $200 and I get to write a creative craigslist post ;)

Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment