Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Bed

So at the beginning of the year I got a new bed. Not just any bed, a really nice bed. I mean I pulled out all the stops and got myself one with lumbar support, memory foam and all the trimmings. The reason: I'm a sleeper. Ask anyone who knows me and they will tell you I can sleep for hours at a time. My typical naps are 3-4 hours long and I require at least 8-9 hours of sleep every night. The only problem...I don't have a frame for it. Its currently sitting on my floor. Note the coyote doll...I am a true spurs fan ;)

Although I've made the best of my current situation, I'm holding out for the perfect bed frame. My problem is I have Pottery Barn dreams on a HGTV budget. This is what I want: but I can't even fathom paying $1000 bucks for it.

So I talked with my friend Joe Mayer, who is a carpenter and woodworker about building something like it. I used to take wood shop in school so I'm always down for a project. And I know my way around a table saw so bring it right? But he suggested that if I wanted something like a sleigh bed without the high footboard then to buy a sleigh bed and we'd cut it down...hmmmm.

So yesterday I found a antique sleigh bed on Craigslist. I should mention that I love antiques. I love taking anything old and refinishing it. I love old houses too which is why I'm looking for a home in a historic neighborhood. I love the character. But I'm cheap too. The woman wanted $150 for it at a garage sale. After negotiating her down to $100 and getting her to deliver it to my house this is what I ended up with.


I'll keep you posted on my progress ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment