Sunday, January 3, 2010

100 Blog Challenge - #1 - The Dance Floor Disaster

So the other day I saw a twitter post from one of my friends that said I challenge you to post 100 blogs in 100 days and I thought...hmmmm could I do that? Really could I do that?

My goal when I started this blog was to write about my life and journey of living up the good life in the Alamo city and I am a pretty busy girl so I'm going to give this 100 blogs in 100 days a shot. So here goes #1

Most of you know that I am a dancing machine and I never hesitate to hit up the floor when the music is bumping. Whether its house, salsa or country I am ready to shuffle my feet and burn some calories. But not everything always goes according to plan.

The other night I went to Cowboys and man it was PACKED! I mean there was wiggle room only on the dance floor. I probably wasn't wearing the best shoes - 4" heels instead of my boots. That was my first mistake. Fortunately I was with a great dance partner - my boyfriend Nick.

Nick is a phenomenal dancer - country, salsa, house, any type of music is his forte. So not only can he spin me around the dance floor with ease but he can also navigate a packed dance floor with the same talent as a precision driver maneuvering 281/1604 traffic at 5 o'clock.

Unfortunately during one of my spins my hand slipped from his grasp and given my outward spinning momentum I fell over me heels, flew backwards and it was like the red sea parted as I sailed through the air, through the crowd, not hitting a single person and landed on my ass right in the middle of the dance floor.

To add insult to injury not a single person helped me up. Yep people just kept right on dancing around me as if I wasn't even there. What could I do but laugh. And laugh I did. Hysterically so until Nick barreled through the packed floor to help me up. I was a good ten feet away from him and the "sea" had closed after my passing. He was literally shoving people aside to get to me.

Yep just call me grace. Good times. That was the start of my night and it didn't stop me. I just kept on dancing. Sometimes when things like that happen you just pick yourself up, dust your butt off and keep on dancing.

Its just like life...you just gotta laugh at yourself and roll with the punches, trips, falls and disasters. I always say if I didn't laugh I'd surely cry. So why not laugh instead. It sure feels a hell of a lot better to laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining the 100 blogs in 100 days challenge. I threw down the gauntlet before the new year and already peeps are churning out some good content.

    I'm happy you were inspired and your first post is a great personal story with a life truth attached.

    I can't dance to save my life, but I'm willing to learn, so my wife and I will probably hit up some dance classes regularly because while I love music, my body does not move in equal motion to the beats. But it's like anything else in life that people aren't natural at, it takes a bit of time, but when you love it you do it.

    Mistakes happens, mishaps are unavoidable, but overall, to succeed you need to get up, dust off, and move forward. A great reminder for us all and your laughter in the story made me laugh in my office as well as I imagined the scene.

    Glad you're not hurt and keep dancing!

    ReplyDelete