Tuesday, January 12, 2010

100 Blog Challenge - #5 - Slacker!

So it's not even two weeks into the new year and I'm already slacking on my resolution to write 100 blogs in 100 days...damn...gotta get cracking! The good news is I have great news...I already completed another one of my new years resolutions...I bought a house!! Yay!

This is something that I have been wanting to do since I moved to San Antonio four years ago. Coming from Southern California where you can't finance a cardboard box for less that $350k its so exciting to be able to finally buy my own home.

My new home-to-be is exactly what I want. An older home in an older neighborhood and only about two minutes drive to my work. I love older homes - the wood floors, the crown moulding and the architecture that goes along with being in an older community. I love how every home on the block is different from each other.

Growing up in California I grew up in track homes and master planned communities. It wasn't until I started moving around as a reporter that I discovered historical districts and the charm that comes from living in and near downtown.

I am so excited to own my first home. I close on the 28th and move in on the 29th. Now it's time to make some serious contacts at Home Depot ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment