Sunday, January 24, 2010

100 Blog Challenge - #6 - Another One Takes The Plunge

I just found out one of my best guy friends is getting married...wow...why am I the last to know?

Apparently he proposed last Valentines Day...hello breaking news in Texas! (they live in AZ so I guess I get a little slack) But damn I think he's the last of my friends who I never pictured getting hitched to get hitched. Its the end of an era.

Granted the girl he's marrying is a good girl. She's great, gets along with the guys and the mother of their beautiful son. I have nothing but good stuff to say about her. It just trips me out that another one of my friends is getting hitched.

I thought I was past this in my early to mid twenties when most of my high school acquaintances were all running off in droves and getting married and having kids. I should also add that many of them are now miserably/happily divorced and often tell me I was the smart one for not getting married so young.

But I don't know how to feel about this whole 30's marriage boom. Is it normal? Is it like the economy - going up and down? Do I need to be mentally prepared for a barrage of "Why aren't you married yet?" questions? *Sigh* I already had to deal with that from the fam over xmas.

Fortunately I'm just going to do what I always do...wish them well because I truly mean it and want the best for them and I'm going to continue on my merry way, doing my thing and living life content as I do.

Viva Bailar!



No comments:

Post a Comment